Manage all demand-side management programs for one of the largest rate-regulated utilities in the United States. (Agility founder’s full-time position prior to launching her company.)
Design and execute a strategy to stabilize and increase stakeholder adoption of an enterprise demand-side management system that went live a year late with over 500 bugs.
I quickly assumed responsibility for developing a project management plan and release schedule to deliver system bug fixes. By restructuring the team of 50 internal and external resources and redesigning the workflow, I effectively moved people from a state of chaos into a more manageable and productive environment.
The IT department did not have any change resources, so I developed and implemented the change management plan. Change management activities included managing and engaging sponsors and stakeholders and assessing stakeholder impacts. Communication planning was also high on the list of priorities. By clearly and consistently reporting progress, I was able to regain leaders’ and other stakeholders’ trust.
Conducting roadshows was another critical change management activity that helped align the organization. During site visits, the team presented current progress and anticipated long-term targets and goals, but mostly we listened. We listened to stakeholders air frustrations, suggest workarounds, and provide input to upcoming releases.
One year later, stakeholder system adoption was high, and all bug fixes were complete. The outcomes were as follows:
- Built high-performing teams.
- Established positive relationships across functions in a matrixed organization.
- Managed expectations at every level, increasing stakeholder adoption from c-level executives to field reps.
- Delivered high-quality releases to fix all 500 bugs within a year, on time and on budget.
- Maximized efficiencies and provided cost savings through vendor contract negotiations and business process improvements.
Client: Large Utility Company
Service: Change Management to Increase Adoption